Which Home Staging Certification is the Best?Oct 25, 2019
You are interested in becoming a home stager, but may be overwhelmed by all of the training providers out there. Here are some things to look for when sifting through the options:
- Is the certification accredited? There are only a handful of courses that have passed the rigorous standards set by RESA (Real Estate Staging Association - the only non-profit and the largest association in the industry). Staging Studio's Staging Design Professional™ course is accredited and approved by both RESA and IAHSP (International Association of Home Staging Professionals).
- Do they actually own their own staging company? Many training providers do not. Staging Studio owns a highly successful, multi-million dollar staging company, so the training is an extension of on-going, first-hand experience.
- How current is the training? Staging Studio's training is the most up-to-date and comprehensive. It is far more current and easy to navigate than other courses. Staging Studio is in the trenches staging every day, so everything we teach is constantly being field-tested and updated.
- Does the course cover design? We believe strongly that stagers need to have a solid foundation in design principles and color, so that is included in our course. Other training providers often assume that you know how to stage and basically just teach you how to start your business. We include both, plus a lot more.
- Do they include contracts? The Staging Design Professional™ Expert and Master levels include all of the forms, contracts, and checklists (over 50 in total) that we use every day in our own business. No need to re-invent the wheel.
- What about marketing? There is an entire module on Branding, and another on Marketing, which includes a step-by-step marketing plan.
- Will you have access to the instructors? We are always available to answer your questions in our Staging Studio Society Facebook group, whether you are one of our students or not. The SDP™ Expert and Master level courses also include a one-hour group coaching call with one of our Co-Founders, Debbie or Julie.
- Is there a guarantee? Staging Studio is so confident that you will love the training, that we offer a full refund if you are not satisfied. We just ask that you do your part by completing the entire course before making that judgment. If, after the training, you did not love it, simply request a refund. No risk.
- What are the company values? At Staging Studio, we believe in giving back. We love transforming houses, but more importantly, we love transforming lives. 10% of every course fee is donated to one of our non-profit partners to provide education and job opportunities for someone else.
- Can I see a sample of the course? Yes! You can try a little taste of the Staging Design Professional™ course in these FREE Design Training Videos.
To help you begin your staging career, we have created a FREE Business QuickStart Checklist just for you. Download it here.
Let us know if you have any other questions. You can do this!
Don't miss our next blog like this!
Join to receive the latest news for home stagers.